By B. Jayant Baliga
The units defined in “Advanced MOS-Gated Thyristor thoughts” are used in microelectronics construction apparatus, in energy transmission apparatus, and for terribly excessive energy motor keep an eye on in electrical trains, steel-mills, and so on. complicated techniques that let bettering the functionality of strength thyristors are mentioned the following, besides units with blockading voltage features of 5,000-V, 10,000-V and 15,000-V. in the course of the publication, analytical versions are generated to permit an easy research of the buildings and to procure perception into the underlying physics. the result of two-dimensional simulations are supplied to corroborate the analytical versions and provides larger perception into the gadget operation.
Read or Download Advanced High Voltage Power Device Concepts PDF
Similar nonfiction_7 books
This symposium keeps an extended culture for IUGGjIUTAM symposia going again to "Fundamental difficulties in Thrbulence and their Relation to Geophysics" Marseille, 1961. The 5 themes that have been emphasised have been: turbulence modeling, information of small scales and coherent buildings, con vective turbulence, stratified turbulence, and historic advancements.
- High-Tc Superconductors and Related Materials: Material Science, Fundamental Properties, and Some Future Electronic Applications
- Precursors to potential severe core damage accidents : a status report
- BioMEMS and Biomedical Nanotechnology: Volume III Therapeutic Micro/Nanotechnology
- IUTAM Symposium on Emerging Trends in Rotor Dynamics: Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Emerging Trends in Rotor Dynamics, held in New Delhi, India, March 23 - March 26, 2009
- Enterprise Interoperability II: New Challenges and Approaches
- Novel Insights on Chronic Kidney Disease, Acute Kidney Inj. ,Polycys. Kidn. Dis.
Additional resources for Advanced High Voltage Power Device Concepts
2 5,000-V Silicon Thyristor 43 current density increases much more rapidly. This behavior is also consistent with the analytical model for turn-on based upon the drift of carriers through the N-base region. In all cases, a gradual increase in the anode current density is also observed at the end of the turn-on transient due to the current spreading across the emitter width in the two-dimensional structure used for the numerical simulations. 4 Reverse Recovery The switching of the thyristor from the on-state to the reverse blocking state produces substantial power dissipation.
18) where JA,SS is the steady-state (on-state) anode current density. The rise-time is determined by the transit times for the internal N-P-N and P-N-P transistors within the thyristor structure. Anode Current Density (A/cm2) 120 N-Base Width = 1,000 microns 100 80 VA = 100 V 60 VA = 500 V 40 VA = 10 V 20 0 0 10 20 30 Time (microseconds) Fig. 19 Turn-on transient for a one-dimensional 5-kV thyristor The rise in the anode current with time is shown in Fig. 19 for the case of a one-dimensional thyristor structure with a P-base region width of 25 mm and an N-base region width of 1,000 mm.
5, was 1,000 mm (area ¼ 1 Â 10À5 cmÀ2) with a cathode ﬁnger width of 980 mm. The breakdown voltage obtained by using the optimized N-base region doping concentration and width from the analytical model yielded a breakdown voltage above 7,000 V. 5 Â 1013 cmÀ3 and width of 1,070 mm, the breakdown voltage was found to be about 6,000 V. The P-base region had a Gaussian doping proﬁle with a surface concentration of 5 Â 1017 cmÀ3 and a depth of 30 mm. The N+ cathode region had a Gaussian doping proﬁle with a surface concentration of 1 Â 1020 cmÀ3 and a depth of 10 mm.